Thursday, March 27, 2008

Chickease on down the road

It ain't easy being Chickezie...

And he tried, he really tried, but, at the end of the day, you just can't be something you're not. First it was the bulging eyes - remember in the auditions? It was funny - not haha, but strange. But he worked on it. He battled his bulge too. And when he went all southern and fun he had us on our figurative feet. But he couldn't resist the lure of Luther. The crooner. The balladeer. The snore and a half....

And off he went. A shock? Maybe. But Country Bumpkin Cook is working the ditz. And working it well. The minute she opened her mouth to sing that patriotic crap, you knew she was a shoo-in. For at least another week. It was one of those moments where you wished Idol was truly international. God Bless the USA??? Gag gag gag me. Not that I have anything against the USA - I actually don't. Not a lot, anyway. Except for those flag-waving, 4th of July-ish ditties. I can't deal with 'em from any place. I wanted Simon to rip her a new one - or sing Rule Britannia at the very least - but even he liked it.

FIX!!!

But my boys did well. Not Stoner Dreads - is it me, or was he really high last night? Did you see him dancing during the opening number? Worth a rewind - hilarious. But I think the goofiness is starting to grate. Just a bit. My faves are the opnes that are almost interchangeable. And yet....not. The Hot One and The Comb Over. Love 'em both. In fact, I don't even care who goes, as long as it's not one of those grown-ups. I've grown to love the Word Nerd. I hated him at first, but look at him now? Backlash has begun, but not at my house! And yeah, I know the Aussie's looks are better than his voice...So what?! Unfortunately, I think Earnest Archeletto's got the gig sewn up. I shudder to think of the song choices in his (and our) future, but it ain't over 'til it's over.

And the ladies? Erm, whatever.

So, so long Chickezie. And get yer ear plugs ready - Dolly Parton's coming to town...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't diss Dolly - love her!

Simon said don't underestimate the voting public, but he's wrong. they totally fell for the patriotic manipulation! I hate how stupid nationalism is!!!! PLease lose her - she even had a flat note and no one said anything!!!! What the???!!!