Wednesday, November 22, 2006

AFTERNOON DELIGHT

I hate 4PM. 3:30 too. Hate 'em both. The day is winding down. It's finish-up-and-get-ready-to-go-Time. Too-late-to-start-something-new-Time. Too-tired-to-care-Time. For some, it's TV Time. For others, time to hit the gym. For me, it's please-perk-me-up-before-I-empty-the-fridge-Time. In other words, it's Coffee Time.

It used to be all about Grande Soy Lattes and low-fat, no-whip fraps. Then the unsweetened green tea lemonade took over, followed by my current fave, the non-fat, sugar-free vanilla latte. Spending my children's tuition at Starbucks? Uh, yeah...Who isn't?

Well, as of today, I'm not. Because there's a new drink in town. One you can enjoy from the comfort of your own home/office/personal space. And one that, while not all that cheap, is definitely cheerful and absolutely delicious. It's not really winterized, but who cares?

It's Pom Tea.

That's right, Pom Tea. I am now a walking ad for the stuff, 'cuz it's incredible.

Y'all know Pom, right? Or, sorry, PomWonderful (but who in their right mind actually calls it that? Puh-lease). It's that sexy bottle full of pomegranate juice. Some freakshows drink it straight, but it's far more palatable diluted. Better still diluted with fizzy water to make Pom Pop. Yum.

And now, the sequel has arrived. Pom, the Tea. Blackberry Black, Passion Peach White and, my personal fave, Lichee Green. All with pomegranate o' course. It's not too sweet, doesn't need to be diluted at all, and the packaging's kinda fun too, if a little odd. All Pom Teas come in their own somewhat ceremonial glass. Yes, a glass. I dunno know why. It just comes that way. With a lid.

Shake, sip, enjoy. But wait! It gets better: You can convince yourself you're actually drinking some sort of anti-aging elixir of the gods. A potent potion to ward off evil (lined) eyes. They call it PomRx but whatev. It just tastes good.

Will I be giving up my Starbucks fix forever? Of course not. What kind of gal do you take me for? I'm true blue loyal to their ripoff fancy coffees. But I'm also true blue loyal to all the friendlies, which is why I'm passing on the Pom.

Try it, you'll like it. And if it ends up being as good for you as it claims, you can thank me later. When we're all old, happy, healthy and hot.

Salute.

No comments: